- n a dense growth of bushes
- n an implement that has hairs or bristles firmly set into a handle
- n momentary contact
- n conducts current between rotating and stationary parts of a generator or motor
- n a bushy tail or part of a bushy tail (especially of the fox)
- n a minor short-term fight
- n the act of brushing your teeth
the dentist recommended two brushes a day
- n the act of brushing your hair
he gave his hair a quick brush
- n contact with something dangerous or undesirable
I had a brush with danger on my way to work
he tried to avoid any brushes with the police
- v rub with a brush, or as if with a brush
Johnson brushed the hairs from his jacket
- v touch lightly and briefly
He brushed the wall lightly
- v clean with a brush
She brushed the suit before hanging it back into the closet
- v sweep across or over
Her long skirt brushed the floor
- v remove with or as if with a brush
brush away the crumbs
brush the dust from the jacket
brush aside the objections
- v cover by brushing
brush the bread with melted butter
- Take a break from that ice cream to brush.
- The Sonicare FlexCare brush comes with a charging station, a pair of brush heads (standard and compact), three brushing modes (clean, sensitive and "massage") and a pair of timed .
- HOW IT WORKS: The brush holds a packet of special Crest formula, designed to liquefy in your mouth as you brush.
- Chris Bosh in The Associated Press
It's just become part of my life, a part of my everyday life,Bosh said. "It's like you brush your teeth every day. That's how it is for me. I know as soon as I walk out the door, somebody is going to ask me something about where I'm going...
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
Asked about the former president's "war on terror" terminology, Obama said: "We cannot paint with a broad brush a faith as a consequence of the violence that is done in that faith's name."
- Rio Ferdinand in Scotsman
For the people who say ...... well I've heard people say that I don't really care about this too much and I just brush it off my shoulders. Those people don't know me. Because this thing regarding USC and the NCAA is to me the closest thing to... Reggie Bush http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Bush&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFzDGZMV2Tcz7LR0j22rE5ceEnuWg Los Angeles Times (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/06/usc-football-reggie-bush-ncaa-investigation-penalties-new-orleans-saints.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFVH2lcp4ia9EUeE9r3tDbySTMExg Jun 16, 2010
13147 17892 brushed Unfortunately, a lady was stood by and I accidentally brushed her with my foot. I apologised profusely and went back to make sure she was OK," said Ferdinand, who captained England in their last match, a friendly in France last month. "I...