- n a relationship between two lovers
- n an exciting and mysterious quality (as of a heroic time or adventure)
- n the group of languages derived from Latin
- n a story dealing with love
- n a novel dealing with idealized events remote from everyday life
- v make amorous advances towards
- v have a love affair with
- v talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions
- v tell romantic or exaggerated lies
This author romanced his trip to an exotic country
- a relating to languages derived from Latin
- Breeding is easy, but survival requires romance too.
- Romance novels, an inexpensive escape for women, are helping some publishers hide from the worst of the recession.
- As with her more than 150 previous, best-selling romance novels, her new book, Blood Brothers, is certain to set readers' hearts aflutter.
- Jack Nicholson in Guardian Unlimited
Nicholson says nearly all his contemporaries tell him they want "that one last big romance."
- Ricky Gervais in Newsweek
I'm a skeptic across-the-board of ghosts and elves and ESP and the afterlife. But it doesn't change the fact that the romance of Hollywood lets you take someone on board on a journey against their will, really, if it's done well,Gervais said...