- n diurnal insect typically having a slender body with knobbed antennae and broad colorful wings
- n a swimming stroke in which the arms are thrown forward together out of the water while the feet kick up and down
- v flutter like a butterfly
- v cut and spread open, as in preparation for cooking
- v talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions
- The ancient discipline of yoga helps toddlers find their inner butterfly.
- She assumes the butterfly pose--knees splayed, the soles of her feet touching.
- When Otylia Jedrzejczak stepped onto the starting blocks for the women's 100-m butterfly final in Athens, Poland hadn't yet won a medal at the Summer Games.
News & Articles
- Butterfly Bakery Issues Allergy Alert of Undeclared Walnuts
Butterfly Bakery issues allergy alert on undeclared walnuts in 14.5 ounce Whole Grain Harvest Berry Muffins, UPC 6 43482 60014 8. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10824128.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- New Olive-Eyed Butterfly Can't Fool Around
The new Vicroy Ministreak butterfly was discovered in Texas and is named for the wife of its discoverer. Continue reading ?
June 12, 2013 - Discovery News
- Butterfly House season opens in South Brunswick
EST 0610 Butterfly House: The EARTH Center opens its Butterfly House to the public for the summer months. Dale Cuchai Project Manager for the Butterfly House giving a tour. 6/9/13 photo by Ed Pagliarini
June 10, 2013 - MyCentralJersey.com
- Grant Hackett in People's Daily Online
I said he could win six or seven, with a little luck maybe eight. That 100 butterfly race, the way he got on that wall, everything lined up for him perfectly. He is an incredible racer,Hackett said.
- Michael Phelps in BBC News
To be the most decorated Olympian of all time, it just sounds weird. I am speechless,Phelps said. "It started to sink in a little after the butterfly. I was trying to focus on my next race but I kept thinking 'Wow. Greatest Olympian of all...
- Annika SÃ¶renstam in International Herald Tribune
When you're teeing off on the 10th hole in a major, it doesn't feel like you're in a major anymore,Sorenstam said. "I didn't have a single butterfly today. It's not like I'm out there focusing on the score, what it should be and what it is...