- n an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business
- n a room in which a lawcourt sits
television cameras were admitted in the courtroom
- n the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state
- n a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played
players had to reserve a court in advance
- n Australian woman tennis player who won many major championships (born in 1947)
- n the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince
- n a hotel for motorists; provides direct access from rooms to parking area
- n a tribunal that is presided over by a magistrate or by one or more judges who administer justice according to the laws
- n the residence of a sovereign or nobleman
the king will visit the duke's court
- n an area wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings
the house was built around an inner court
- n respectful deference
pay court to the emperor
- v make amorous advances towards
John is courting Mary
- v seek someone's favor
- v engage in social activities leading to marriage
We were courting for over ten years
- Its controversial decision ended the election tangle but brought the high court as low as has been in years.
- After years of split decisions, America's highest court has found consensus on a range of issues.
- Neither Presidential candidate talks much about the courts.
- Lindsay Lohan in Vancouver Sun
In a Twitter reply to one of her friends, Lohan wrote: "didn't we do our nails as a joke with our friend dc? It had nothing to do w/court. it's an airbrush design from a stencil xx."
- Jim Boeheim in The Associated Press
I think it would become both of their teams,said Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, an assistant coach for the US team in China four years ago. "They are both such great players. At the Olympics, they were on the court at the same time and scored...
- Elena Kagan in Washington Post (blog)
The Supreme Court, of course, has the responsibility of ensuring that our government never oversteps its proper bounds or violates the rights of individuals,she said. "But the court must also recognize the limits on itself and respect the...