- n a public act of violence by an unruly mob
- n a state of disorder involving group violence
- n a joke that seems extremely funny
- n a wild gathering involving excessive drinking and promiscuity
- v take part in a riot; disturb the public peace by engaging in a riot
Students were rioting everywhere in 1968
- v engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking
- Banks were clear targets of the rioting.
- In the 20 months since the riot, six inmates and two guards have been slain.
- PTI Magazine content on the Rodney King riots .
News & Articles
- Rockabilly Riot at Grand Sierra in Reno gains national attention
Rockabilly band the Chop Tops is scheduled to perform at the Rockabilly Riot this weekend at the Grand Sierra Resort. / Publicity photo What: Reno Rockabilly Riot Where: Grand Sierra Resort When: Friday, 2 p.m. to midnight (bands and bowling well into the overnight hours); Saturday, 7 a.m. to midnight (bands and bowling well into the overnight hours); Sunday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
June 14, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Riot Fest Denver lineup: Blink-182, the Replacements, Public Enemy and more
The first ever Riot Fest Denver lineup has been announced, and it contains a mix of the lineups at the sister festivals in Toronto and Chicago.
June 13, 2013 - Denver Post
- Riot police, protesters clash in Istanbul square
— Riot police fired tear gas, water cannon and rubber bullets in day-long clashes that lasted into the early hours today, battling protesters who have been occupying Istanbul's central Taksim Square and its adjacent Gezi Park in the country's most severe
June 12, 2013 - Detroit News
- Jeff Gordon in SI.com
I never caused a riot before for winning - well, maybe once or twice,Gordon said. "I thought Junior had more power. I thought they'd throw toilet paper, which is what he asked them to throw. I saw maybe one roll."
- Barack Obama in Forbes
Those 'quiet riots' that take place every day are born from the same place as the fires and the destruction and the police decked out in riot gear and the deaths,Obama said. "They happen when a sense of disconnect settles in and hope...
- Al Sharpton in Forbes
And they went home,Sharpton said. "For them to riot for a man who lived a life of peace would send the wrong message. He always said he was surprised and humbled that he had that influence."