- n a new appraisal or evaluation
- n an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
- n a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment
- n (accounting) a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that provides some assurance to interested parties as to the reliability of financial data
- n a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians
- n a periodical that publishes critical essays on current affairs or literature or art
- n a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
- n (law) a judicial reexamination of the proceedings of a court (especially by an appellate court)
- n practice intended to polish performance or refresh the memory
- n a formal or official examination
the platoon stood ready for review
- v look at again; examine again
let's review your situation
- v appraise critically
She reviews books for the New York Times
- v hold a review (of troops)
- v refresh one's memory
I reviewed the material before the test
- v look back upon (a period of time, sequence of events); remember
she reviewed her achievements with pride
- There is a press blackout on reviewing the Watchmen movie until March 6.
- User-review sites have changed the way most people plan their travel, giving us an enormously useful tool for evaluating hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions and the like.
- Why should I a guy who doesn't like Guns n' Roses or heavy metal review Chinese Democracy? Because I have it.