- n a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians
- The revue format hung on through the 40s and 50s, with Leonard Sillman's New Faces series and, in more intimate venues, Julius Monk's Plaza 9 shows.
- Cranks (by John Cranko; music by John Addison) is a pint-sized English revue with a Jeroboam's worth of frills.
- The Littlest Revue wound up the off-Broadway Phoenix Theatre's season with festive intentions but pretty limp results.
News & Articles
- York's Box Lunch Revue offers a break from daily routine
York, PA - The Box Lunch Revue in downtown York has been on Maria Wilson's summer concert schedule for about 17 years. Wilson, a contemporary guitarist, plays shows throughout central Pennsylvania, but her lunchtime performances at the shaded outdoor stage in Cherry Lane Courtyard have been some of her favorites.
June 13, 2013 - York Daily Record
- The Traveling Cabaret to perform at Brighton Memorial Library
Musical revue group The Traveling Cabaret will give a performance titled “An Evening of Song, Dance and Comedy” at 7 p.m. July 23 at the Brighton Memorial Library, 2300 Elmwood Ave., Brighton.
June 13, 2013 - Brighton-Pittsford Post
- Thursday-Sunday To-Do: Eureka Springs Blues Weekend
EUREKA SPRINGS BLUES WEEKEND Various times and venues. $20-$35. Blues fans, set your coordinates for Carroll County, because there's going to be a stout lineup at this year's Eureka Springs Blues Weekend . At the top of the bill is The Chicago Blues Revue (Saturday night at The Auditorium), which includes John Primer, Bob Stroger, Kenny "Beedy Eyes" Smith, Billy Flynn and BarrelHouse Chuck , all ...
June 12, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Robert Plant in Kentucky.com
Singing in this revue is not easy,Plant said. "In fact, it's the most challenging event that I actually remember. It's because I'm working with other voices all the time. I'm learning so much about America, Americana and American music...
- Clay Aiken in New York Daily News
It's kind of a musical revue of sorts - some of the biggest hits and greatest songs, from our point of view - and songs that have influenced us from over the past five decades,Aiken said about the tour. "We're really good friends and have...
- Peter Scolari in Los Angeles Times
Here's a guy who worked on Broadway with Bert Lahr [in a Burlesque revue] and Jose Ferrer,Scolari told The Times. "On 'Newhart,' he was by then about 70 and as fresh and feeling a comedic actor as you'd ever want to work with. There was an...