- v put down by force or intimidation
- v conceal or hide
- v put out of one's consciousness
- v block the action of
- s restrictive of action
- A combination of things the thrill of coming home, leave or the natural act of repressing trauma may delay the onset of problems, said Colonel Charles Milligan, the lead .
- From accusations of supporting genocide in Darfur to repressing political dissent at home, most of the attacks have come from longtime critics of China who see the Games as a .
- This time, there'll be no nasty, women-repressing Taliban for a PR stalking horse, and no bearded, live-on-tape OBL devil to focus the will.
- President Bush in BBC News
Mr Bush described Iran as a nation "held hostage by a small clerical elite that is isolating and repressing its people".
- Xiomara de Zelaya in TVNZ
They say there is peace in the country, but how can there be peace if people cannot leave their neighbourhoods ...... if there is a curfew, if they are suspending people's rights and the army is out repressing the people,Xiomara Zelaya said.
- Benjamin Netanyahu in AFP
Slamming arch-foe Iran for "repressing its own people," Netanyahu said: "The courage shown by the people of Iran, in facing bullets on the streets for the sake of freedom, is something that deserves the salute of free men and women...