- v give in, as to influence or pressure
- When all the other sad songs relent and admit a tiny ray of light, this one pulls down the black-out shades, puts on purple eyeliner and curls into a fetal position.
- Friends and colleagues have urged him to relent, because he's too important to the campaign.
- Reid, realizing the blogs won't relent on this race, declined to even try.
News & Articles
- Temperatures Cool Down For The First Day Of Summer
People might have been wondering whether the weather would relent, and as we head into the official days of summer, the brief respite has appeared. It's still hot, but the 17-day streak of triple-digit temperatures is expected to end with a mild and breezy
June 19, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Chrysler Flip Flops: Announces Recall of Jeep SUVs For Rear Impact Fire Danger
Last week Chrysler boldly refused to recall 2.7 million Jeep Liberty and Grand Cherokee vehicles after NHTSA identified a safety hazard that made the vehicles susceptible to post collision fire in rear impact crashes. Today, Chrysler flip-flopped. Chrysler relented and announced that it would recall the vehicles because of post-collision fuel fed fire hazards. But it's unclear exactly what ...
June 18, 2013 - Injury Board
- Riot police advance on protesters in Istanbul park
ISTANBUL (AP) — Riot police are firing water cannon and tear gas on protesters in Istanbul's Taksim Square and Gezi Park. The police intervention comes shortly after Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on protesters leading a two-week sit-in in the park to leave — and hours after an announcement by the protesters that they would not relent.
June 15, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Barack Obama in Chicago Tribune
May 29: "It is as enraging as it is heartbreaking," Obama says after BP's failed "top kill" attempt at containing the leak, "and we will not relent until this leak is contained, until the waters and shores are cleaned up, and until the people...
- President Bush in Reuters
Many difficult choices and further sacrifices lie ahead,Bush said. "Yet the safety and security of the American people require that we not relent in ensuring that Iraq's young democracy continues to progress."
- Harry Reid in Guardian Unlimited
Reid said he hoped the president "will relent and see the light" that the research gives hope to Americans struggling with illnesses and injuries.