- v economics: experience reflation
The economy reflated after the Fed took extreme measures
- v economics: raise demand, expand the money supply, or raise prices, after a period of deflation
These measures reflated the economy
- v inflate again
reflate the balloon
- v become inflated again
- The only thing that we have to wonder is will the market actually make the government go all the way through with these shenanigans to reflate?.
- The amount to be so used may run to $5,000,000a miniscule portion of the funds on hand, far too small to reflate business or unfreeze New York real estate though a blessing .
- But a former bank official fears that as many as 50 billion rubles will be minted in a vain attempt to reflate the economy.
News & Articles
- Japan Leads Asia Higher; Strong Data Supports
Tokyo stocks extended gains on Friday after a raft of positive economic data showed a continued pickup in Japan's economy, highlighting that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's radical stimulus program is working to reflate the economy.
June 27, 2013 - CNBC
- Alex Salmond in Reuters
The economic crisis has underlined the case for the Scottish government having more substantial economic powers,Salmond told Reuters. "We need to be able to borrow to reflate the economy in the way that every other government can do."
- Sir Alan Sugar in Independent
Sir Alan added: "We are in dire economic situations, and Gordon Brown calls on people like me, and a host of other business people, to have a chat with, because what we have got to do is reflate the economy, get the small to medium sized businesses...
- Simon Doyle in The Age
Globally, you've got a concerted effort to try to reflate the US economy. In a lot of ways, most of the bad news is out and perhaps that bolsters confidence that maybe the worst has washed through,said Simon Doyle, head of strategy at...