- n the process of removing impurities (as from oil or metals or sugar etc.)
- v improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
- v make more complex, intricate, or richer
- v treat or prepare so as to put in a usable condition
- v reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities
- v attenuate or reduce in vigor, strength, or validity by polishing or purifying
- v make more precise or increase the discriminatory powers of
- If users creating content were the big Web story last year, refining content is the next big thing.
- On July 13 Iran's Oil Ministry announced that it had China's agreement to invest about $40 billion in refining Iranian gasoline.
- You remember Jack Kevorkian, the pathological pathologist who, when he wasn't transfusing blood from corpses, refining his "mercitron" machine or arguing for an auction market for .
- Tony Hayward in MarketWatch
Hayward said the oil-price moves "should not obscure very real operational improvements in refining and rigorous cost control across the company that kept our cash costs essentially flat compared with last year - despite immense inflationary...
- President Bush in Bloomberg
Our problem in America gets solved when we aggressively go for domestic exploration,Bush said after meeting Afghan President Hamid Karzai ahead of a World Economic Forum conference. "Our problem gets solved if we expand our refining...
- Luis Fernandez in PR Newswire (press release)
The acquisition of Tate & Lyle's European sugar operations is consistent with our strategic vision for expansion in the sugar refining sector,said Luis Fernandez, ASR Co-President. "Tate & Lyle is steeped in 130 years of tradition and...