- v change from governmental to private control or ownership
The oil industry was privatized
- And I want to just mention on the issue of Social Security, 'McCain wants to quote privatize Social Security.
- But it didn't get past Jones, 50, the grandson of a golf-course developer of Welsh ancestry, whose previous claims to fame were a failed attempt to privatize Pennsylvania's state .
- And even though he managed to get a bill passed to privatize the postal system, most of his promised reforms have yet to bear fruit.
News & Articles
- Commission to privatize city hall custodial services
MARQUETTE - The city of Marquette will privatize a city hall custodial position beginning next month.
June 14, 2013 - The Mining Journal
- Florida receives final permission to privatize Medicaid
It's just a formality since the deal was announced months ago, but today Florida officially received the waiver it needs to privatize Medicaid. Gov. Rick Scott first announced in February that the state had received conditional approval from the federal government to allow private companies to administer the Medicaid program for roughly …
June 14, 2013 - St. Petersburg Times Blogs
- Detroit EM aims for better, cheaper trash service with moves to privatize
Detroit emergency manager Kevyn Orr is preparing to privatize the city's residential trash collection service in an effort to save $15 million a year as the insolvent city braces for a potential bankruptcy this summer, the Free Press has learned.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
Obama, in North Carolina, said if, "Sen. McCain is elected, 100 million Americans will not get a tax cut ...... your health care benefits will get taxed for the first time in history ...... we'll have another president who wants to privatize part of...
- John McCain in Forbes
John McCain says the economy is fundamentally sound. John McCain doesn't think that 47 million people without health insurance is a crisis. John McCain wants to privatize Social Security. And in 2008, he still thinks it's okay when women don't earn... Hillary Rodham Clinton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOarXVfe0H5lTsVdy93IEoGrJtYg Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/27/AR2008082700975.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHPAQD-OD7xx8RSXLE3cnZHbQKs8Q Aug 27, 2008
77605 104654 privatize I do not and will not privatize Social Security," McCain said Friday in New Jersey. "It's not true when I'm accused of that."