- v make susceptible
This illness predisposes you to gain weight
- In 1993, Collins' trailblazing work identifying genetic defects that predispose to cystic fibrosis and other diseases led to his succeeding double-helix discoverer James Watson as .
- In addition, athletes lack excess body fat, which can predispose people to diabetes.
- Now the same team has come up with evidence that bolsters its earlier findings and supports the theory that "gay genes" may predispose some men to seek partners of the same sex.
- Peter Tatchell in Lifesite
Contrary to the findings of some researchers who have tried to posit a purely genetic origin for same-sex attractions, Tatchell wrote, "Genes and hormones may predispose a person to one sexuality rather than another. But that's all. Predisposition...
- Robert Shiller in Financial Post
Human nature seems to predispose people to spectacular excess,Mr. Shiller said.
- Dean Hamer in Lawrence Journal World
Our genes can predispose us to believe. But they don't tell us what to believe in,said Hamer, whose current research involves HIV/AIDS.