- n a hollow twanging sound
- n (baseball) hitting a baseball so that it drops suddenly
- v make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground
- v set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise
- v drop steeply
- v pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion
- r with a short hollow thud
- It didn't go plunk, though.
- Before you plunk down $300 for the Extender, you need a 2005 Media Center PC, which you can get from Dell, Gateway or others for around $1,500.
- His home run, plunk into the left-field stands, won the game and the pennant.
News & Articles
- Cramer: “Plunk The Money Down Now” on Housing; Hovnanian CEO Agrees
CNBC's Jim Cramer and the CEO of America's sixth-largest homebuilder, Ara Hovnanian, believe home affordability is the best it will be. But, does that mean you should be bullish on homebuilders? CNBC’s Jim Cramer says, “You’ve got to plunk the … Continue reading ?
June 12, 2013 - Talking Numbers via Yahoo! Finance
- Doug Fister is hitting a lot of batters
So, after giving up a home run to Matt Joyce in the first inning and then apparently not liking Joyce's reaction to a long foul ball, John Lackey decided to plunk Joyce between the numbers on Monday night, setting off a little bench-clearing pushing-and-shoving match between the Rays and Red Sox. First off, it was a dumb thing for Lackey to do. He'd been struggling all night and was lucky to be ...
June 11, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Giveaways to strip clubs? Ah, your government is at work again
Mark Lacter: Tax breaks are, in many cases, pretty dumb ideas, and enterprise zones could well be one of the dumbest. Does anyone seriously believe that the decision to plunk down a strip club or hamburger joint has anything to do with saving a few dollars on taxes?
June 10, 2013 - LA Observed
- Blake Lively in Women's Wear Daily
I'm getting the fairytale Paris experience,said Lively, in a short, ruffled Dior dress. "I would like to plunk a cottage in the garden."
- Chen Hao in Economic Times
In terms of laws and credibility of the entire society, the environment is not matured yet,said Chen, chief managing partner of Blue Ocean. "If I as investor plunk cash in an enterprise, the question remains whether the management will...