- n a heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)
- v make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground
News & Articles
- Six smartphone trends that failed miserably
Some smartphones are born to do great things, while others face a crash-and-burn future. What determines which smartphones soar and which sink? In the gallery below, CNET phone reviewer Jessica Dolcourt takes a look at six smartphone trends that went clunk. Remember Microsoft's embarrassingly short-lived Kin One ? Discontinued after just eight weeks , it committed two of the fatal sins listed in ...
June 13, 2013 - CNET
- Lisa Rinna in Washington Post
For hours and days and weeks, I'd go to bed and all I would hear downstairs was 'Clunk! Clunk! Clunk!'Rinna says.
- Richie Benaud in Melbourne Herald Sun
That didn't seem to be anywhere near Hussey's glove. It was certainly near his helmet . . . there was a fair clunk,Benaud said.
- Willie Mason in Melbourne Herald Sun
When (the doctor) did the test for the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), it just went clunk,Mason said. "I punched a wall, pretty hard. It was a bit of an empty feeling realising the season's over and that's it. But I took it on the chin,...