- n a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
they concocted a plot to discredit the governor
- n a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
a bean plot
- n the story that is told in a novel or play or movie etc.
the characters were well drawn but the plot was banal
- n a chart or map showing the movements or progress of an object
- v plan secretly, usually something illegal
They plotted the overthrow of the government
- v make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows interactions among variables or how something is constructed
- v make a plat of
- v devise the sequence of events in (a literary work or a play, movie, or ballet)
the writer is plotting a new novel
- Hambali's role in the Bojinka plot and his links to Osama's brother-in-law went unnoticed until earlier this year.
- That conspiratorial army of would-be historians who specialize in the assassination of John Kennedy may have a brand-new plot to play with.
- Bolivia's government alleges a dramatic assassination plot on the eve of Evo Morales' meeting with Barack Obama and other leaders of the hemisphere.
News & Articles
- Portland police arrest man accused in plot to kill associate
Officers began investigating the alleged plot Tuesday and Mohdsidek Habibullah, 49, was arrested about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of solicitation for aggravated murder, conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder.
June 13, 2013 - The Oregonian
- NYC bomb plot details settle little in NSA debate
The Obama administration declassified a handful of details Tuesday that credited its PRISM Internet spying program with intercepting a key email that unraveled a 2009 terrorist plot in New York. The details, ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- 'Anarchist' accused in Cleveland bomb plot says had no ill intent
By Kim Palmer AKRON, Ohio (Reuters) - A self-described anarchist who could face life in prison if convicted in a failed plot to blow up a four-lane highway bridge near Cleveland told a jury on Tuesday that he had no ill intent. Joshua Stafford, 24, is the only one of five defendants to go on trial in the alleged failed plot to destroy the bridge, which is located 30 miles south of Cleveland and ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Globe and Mail
Anti-terrorist agents "had sufficient information to have uncovered this plot : but our intelligence community failed to connect those dots," Mr. Obama said in a short televised speech after meeting with intelligence chiefs to hear a preliminary...