- n a person who participates in or is skilled at some game
- n someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
- n a theatrical performer
- n a person who pursues a number of different social and sexual partners simultaneously
- n an important participant (as in a business deal)
he was a major player in setting up the corporation
- But beyond the marquee names are literally dozens of the starting players of the leading clubs of England, France, Germany and Spain.
- As football players have exploded in strength and size over the past two decades many players, who easily exceed the 300-pound mark, would technically qualify as obese .
- The world's highest-capacity flash-memory MP3 player for now.
News & Articles
- High school softball player of the year: Deer Park's Caitlin Plocheck
High school softball player of the year: Deer Park's Caitlin Plocheck Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 12:02 am, Sunday, June 16, 2013 The defending Class 5A champions almost always turned to Plocheck when they needed something big. In Game 1 of the region finals against ...
June 16, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Ex-WNBA Player Holdsclaw Must Take Anger Management Classes
Former professional women's basketball player and Olympic gold medal winner Chamique Holdsclaw will have to take anger management classes after pleading guilty to charges that she shot into a player's car and smashed the windows with a baseball bat, prosecutors said on Saturday.
June 15, 2013 - New York Times
- Former WNBA player Chamique Holdsclaw pleads guilty to assault
Former WNBA player Chamique Holdsclaw pleaded guilty Friday for assaulting her ex-girlfriend, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports . Holdsclaw, a former Olympic gold medalist, was charged with aggravated assault, criminal damage in the first degree, two counts of criminal damage in the second degree and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
June 15, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Serena Williams in Montreal Gazette
She's a good player. I mean, I've actually thought she would get through in the early rounds. I'm not surprised that I'm playing her,Williams said of Kvitova. "She is lefty. She's really, really good."
- Tomas Berdych in Sify
The feeling is absolutely amazing. It is really tough to describe. Every young kid, from the first time he hits the ball and thinks to be a tennis player, this is the dream to be in the final of any Grand Slam,Berdych said.