actor : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a theatrical performer
- n a person who acts and gets things done
he's a principal actor in this affair
- In a 1995 worldwide survey of film critics, Chaplin was voted the greatest actor in movie history.
- As an autopsy report comes back inconclusive, the city he lived in mourns for the actor and asks why and how he died.
- The alleged suicide attempt by the actor, known for his happy-go-lucky characters, shocks the movie industry.
News & Articles
- Actor Brad Maule returns to roots, finds joy in teaching future filmmakers
They say necessity is the mother of invention. When actor Brad Maule returned to East Texas in the spring of 2005, he didn’t just need a job and a place to live, he needed to reinvent his life from the ground up. After spending two weeks driving the endless highways of his home state of Texas and taking stock of his life, he found himself back in Nacogdoches, where he had studied fine arts four ...
June 25, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Actor escapes DUI charge
Actor Jeffrey Wright has escaped driving while intoxicated charges after New York City prosecutors dropped the case against him. The 47-year-old character actor was arrested on April 27 when officers stopped his car for a routine traffic violation and detected the smell of alcohol.
June 24, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Actor Paul Giamatti joins 'Downton Abbey' as playboy brother
LONDON (Reuters) - American actor Paul Giamatti is joining the cast of the British award-winning stately home drama "Downton Abbey", starting with the Christmas episode, the show's producers said on Monday. Carnival Films, a division of Comcast's NBCUniversal, and British television channel ITV said Giamatti would play Cora Crawley's maverick, playboy brother Harold in the Christmas episode. ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Sam Mendes in guardian.co.uk
Mendes, who made her his Tony-award winning Sally Bowles in his Broadway version of Cabaret, said: "Natasha combined the best of Redgrave and Richardson: the enormous depth and emotional force of a great actor on the one hand, and the intelligence...
- Elena Kagan in The Associated Press
She later added: "As a judge, you are on nobody's team. As a judge, you are an independent actor."
- Alan Rosenberg in Reuters
After considerable outreach to Golden Globe actor nominees and their representatives over the past several weeks, there appears to be unanimous agreement that these actors will not cross WGA picket lines,SAG President Alan Rosenberg said.