worker : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who works at a specific occupation
he is a good worker
- n a member of the working class (not necessarily employed)
workers of the world--unite!
- n sterile member of a colony of social insects that forages for food and cares for the larvae
- n a person who acts and gets things done
he's a miracle worker
- Bolivia's sex workers refuse to report for disease detection, demanding protection from harassment.
- About two-thirds of restaurant workers are foreign born, and increasingly, they're from Central and South America.
- It's not just low wages, but environmental hazards and labor-law violations that afflict workers on the bottom rungs.
- Chris Brown in OK! Magazine
Of his hard labor sentence, Chris tells Larry, "everything comes with consequences. They want me to pick up trash remove graffiti: I'ma hard worker. It's something I'm willing to do."
- Jesse Jackson in ABC News
These workers deserve their wages, deserve fair notice, deserve health security,Jackson said. "This may be the beginning of long struggle of worker resistance finally."