- n someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
- n artist who composes or conducts music as a profession
- No other Asian musician or pop-cultural figure has enjoyed the same universal appeal: that Bulsara was able to achieve this as an openly gay man from India is further testament to .
- In the Sudan, musicians cannot perform after dark; in a Nigerian state where Islamic law is followed, a musician was recently imprisoned for singing.
- Because radio transcriptions, records and sound tracks make their continuous work unnecessary, 11,000 musicians are permanently unemployed and many more suffer, but not in .
News & Articles
- Longtime musician Dave Mason coming to the Sherman on July 18
Longtime musician Dave Mason will perform at 8 p.m. Thursday, July 18 at the Sherman Theater.
June 12, 2013 - Pocono Record
- Western Musician Juni Fisher to perform at the Arizona Folklore Preserve
By Caroyln Santucci For the Herald/Review Juni Fisher, to perform at the Arizona Folklore Preserve June 15 and 16, is an award-winning Western musician, most recently honored by the Western Music Association as Entertainer of the Year and Female Performer of the Year for 2011. In addition, her original song, “Yakima,” received the 2011 Song of the Year award from the WMA . In 2012 True West ...
June 12, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- As An Indie Musician, Chad Lawson Finds 'The Space Between'
Musician and composer Chad Lawson began his career as a pianist in his own jazz trio before switching to solo classical piano. With his latest album, The Space Between , experiments and takes his music outside the realm of "pretty sounding piano."
June 11, 2013 - NPR
- Lorin Maazel in 940 News
I am a musician and not a politician. Music has always traditionally been an arena, an area where people make contact. It's neutral, it's entertainment, it's person to person,Maazel said.
- Bruce Springsteen in Asbury Park Press
Danny and I worked together for 40 years -- he was the most wonderfully fluid keyboard player and a pure natural musician. I loved him very much ...... we grew up together,Springsteen said in a statement posted on his Web site.
- Barack Obama in AFP
My understanding is that he's a terrific musician. He puts on a very good concert,Obama told the station as part of a five-channel media blitz to sell his struggling efforts to reform US health care.