- n something that resembles a tablet of medicine in shape or size
- n a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
- n a unpleasant or tiresome person
- n something unpleasant or offensive that must be tolerated or endured
his competitor's success was a bitter pill to take
- n a contraceptive in the form of a pill containing estrogen and progestin to inhibit ovulation and so prevent conception
- Contradicting earlier findings of a greater risk of ectopic pregnancy, a new report says the controversial abortion pill is as safe for women as surgical abortions.
- But earlier this year neuroscientists complained that the FDA was not being forceful enough in pushing for follow-up studies on another serotonin-type diet pill, Redux, which is .
- PTI: The pill has also been shown to improve acne.
News & Articles
- Prevention Pill Cuts HIV Risk For Injecting Drug Users
A once-a-day pill has been proven to lower the risk of getting HIV among needle-using drug addicts, just as it does among heterosexual couples and men who have sex with men. Among 2,400 injecting drug users in Bangkok, those assigned to take a daily dose of an antiviral drug Viread, or tenofovir generically, had half the risk of getting HIV over a four-year period as those who took a placebo pill.
June 13, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Study Shows Pill Prevents H.I.V. Among Drug Addicts
Drug-injecting addicts who took an antiretroviral pill were half as likely to become infected with H.I.V. as those who did not, completing a body of evidence that such treatments can prevent AIDS in every group at risk.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times
- e-pill Medication Reminders Announces Availability of World's First Easy-to-Use Locked Pill Automatic Dispenser ...
WELLESLEY, Mass., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today e-pill Medication Reminders announced that a new device (e-pill Station) is being released for sale in the United States and Canada for patients on ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance