- v impose a penalty on; inflict punishment on
The students were penalized for showing up late for class
- That seems to quell the notion that women would penalize Obama for beating Hillary Clinton in the primary.
- To penalize Michigan would legitimize the selective enforcement of our party rules, would fly in the face of the statements of both candidates, and would jeopardize our chances .
- As President, he'll penalize predatory lenders and create a $10 billion Foreclosure Prevention Fund to help families stay in their homes.
News & Articles
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: June 14, 2013
Busy week, mostly because of all the news that came out of SMX Advanced via Matt Cutts. First up, Google released their new algorithm to penalize sites using very spammy techniques in spammy niches like pay day loans and pornography. Google also said they will begin to demote sites that do not have smartphone friendly web sites done right. Google's Matt Cutts explained that Panda is still ...
June 14, 2013 - Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Our AdWords Ads Wouldn't Trigger Page Layout Penalty
In January 2012, Google announced the page layout penalty and then updated it in October 2012 , it basically sets to penalize sites with too many ads, too much in the way of your organic content. As I covered at Search Engine Land , the question was posed to Google's Matt Cutts about Google penalizing their search results page because there are so many AdWord ads pushing down the organic search ...
June 13, 2013 - Search Engine Roundtable
- Local news and sports reporting covering Niles, Dowagiac, Cassopolis, Edwardsburg, Cass County, Berrien County in ...
LANSING — Sen. John Proos introduced a resolution encouraging all Michigan K-12 schools to conduct at least two lockdown drills per school year, as required under state law, and a bill that would penalize schools that fail to comply.
June 13, 2013 - Niles Daily Star
- Brian Vickers in Villages Daily Sun
I guess they're not going to penalize (Earnhardt) for it,Vickers said. "It's kind of sad. To wreck somebody intentionally like that in front of the entire field is really kind of dangerous."
- Lee Hamilton in International Herald Tribune
The things we do to penalize Russia will make it more difficult for us to deal with Russia on other matters,Hamilton said.
- Robert Byrd in International Herald Tribune
MSHA was intended to be a strong federal agency with the authority to investigate, penalize and, when necessary, shut down a coal mine for safety violations,Byrd said. "It is infuriating to watch MSHA, even after the tragedy at Sago,...