- v to become aware of through the senses
I could perceive the ship coming over the horizon
- v become conscious of
She finally perceived the futility of her protest
- Scientists already knew that similar to the way a fingertip moves across a surface, the 50 or so hairs on a rat's cheek vibrate against an object to perceive its shape and texture.
- Consumers perceive European styling with what she called a "think-positive, go-for-it" American spirit; young consumers perceive that "jeans are forever" and identify Diesel as .
- The explosion of rage was initially sparked by what many Chinese perceive as biased international coverage of the bloody riots in Tibet on March 14 and the continuing crackdown by .
News & Articles
- Ode to sweet corn cancelled by Olathe
Facing what they perceive is a potential conflict between putting on the long-running Sweet Corn Festival and having enough money to provide basic town services, the Olathe Town Board voted Wednesday to cancel the event for 2013.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- O'Connor Suggests End to Judicial Elections in Pa.
Former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor suggested that judicial elections should be eliminated in Pennsylvania because contributions to those campaigns lead the public to perceive judges as influenced by campaign donors.
June 14, 2013 - Law.com
- The Stage Under the Walnut Street Bridge (Now TVFCU Stage) Celebrates 20 Years at Riverbend Festival
(WDEF) WDEF News12 went back into the archives to 1993 to hear from a festival promoter. She said, "Riverwalk Stage is the thing I think we're touting the most. We're really excited about it. It's an ampitheater, under the Walnut Street Bridge. We're going to have nightly entertainment there. It accomodates 300 people. For people that just sort of want to get away from what they perceive ...
June 14, 2013 - WDEF Chattanooga
- Jacques Rogge in BBC Sport
That's not the way we perceive being a champion,Rogge told Associated Press. "I've no problem with him doing a show. But I think he should show more respect and shake hands after the finish."
- Elizabeth Dole in Washington Post
Simply put, our troops have been doing a great job, but the Iraqi government has not,Dole, RN.C., said. "Our commitment in Iraq is not indefinite, nor should the Iraqi government perceive it to be. It is my firm hope and belief that we can...
- Pope Benedict XVI in New York Times
I have been told that consulting the information available on the Internet would have made it possible to perceive the problem early on,Benedict wrote. "I have learned the lesson that in the future in the Holy See we will have to pay...