- n a wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface
- n small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- n informal terms for the leg
- n a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
- n regulator that can be turned to regulate the pitch of the strings of a stringed instrument
- n a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
- v succeed in obtaining a position
- v pierce with a wooden pin or knock or thrust a wooden pin into
- v fasten or secure with a wooden pin
peg a tent
- v stabilize (the price of a commodity or an exchange rate) by legislation or market operations
The weak currency was pegged to the US Dollar
- A wider band would give the crawling peg more room in which to crawl, and would lessen the frequency with which central banks have to intervene in world money markets to support .
- A peg is only as strong as the policies underpinning it.
- It is as good a peg as any.
News & Articles
- Peg McEntee: Legislature’s goal in Swallow scandal: find the truth
Peg McEntee: Legislature’s goal in Swallow scandal: find the truth by Peg Mcentee Tribune Columnist Published Jun 10, 2013 06:18PM MDT In the matter of Utah Attorney General John Swallow, there’s no shortage of explorations into how he should be investigated on allegations that he, among other things, brokered shady deals and made improper promises on his way to winning the job in last year’s ...
June 11, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Margaret 'Peg Smith,' Longtime Enfield Volunteer, Dies At 76
Follow Your Town News On The Courant's Enfield Facebook Page Margaret "Peg" Smith, one of the women instrumental in founding the Enfield Food Shelf, died May 27 at 76.
June 11, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) (CAS 25322-68-3) Market Research Report 2013
DUBLIN, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z2w4fl/polyethylene ) has announced the addition of the "Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) (CAS 25322-68-3) ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance