- n a piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment
- n when a wrestler's shoulders are forced to the mat
- n small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc.
- n a number you choose and use to gain access to various accounts
- n informal terms for the leg
- n axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns
- n cylindrical tumblers consisting of two parts that are held in place by springs; when they are aligned with a key the bolt can be thrown
- n flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
- n a small slender (often pointed) piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things
- n a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing
- n a club-shaped wooden object used in bowling; set up in triangular groups of ten as the target
- v to hold fast or prevent from moving
The child was pinned under the fallen tree
- v attach or fasten with pins or as if with pins
pin the needle to the shirt". "pin the blame on the innocent man
- v pierce with a pin
pin down the butterfly
- v immobilize a piece
- Presidential hopeful Barack Obama tours the Chrysler Stamping Plant in Sterling Height, Michigan, on Wednesday, May 14.
- With a contribution of $100,000 from the Pope, and the promise of $900,000 from Boston's Cardinal Richard Gushing, Archbishop Yu-pin hopes to make Formosa's University of Fu-jen .
- Bishop Paul Yu-pin thinks China will need not fewer than 100,000 American men and women in her reconstruction job.
News & Articles
- Retro lingerie
American pin-up Bettie Page, Playboy playmate of the month for January 1955, poses for a glamour shoot, 1950s. A photo taken on November 27, 1964 shows Swiss actress Ursula Andress during the filming of "What's new Pussicat" directed by Clive Donner, at the Boulogne's Studio, near Paris.
June 13, 2013 - Greenwich Time
- Toccoa DAR new pin honors centennial
The Georgia Division and General of the United Daughters of the Confederacy® approved the design of the commemorative centennial pin made by the Pamela Wright Collections of Dallas, Texas, for the members of the Toccoa Chapter No. 1294 in Toccoa.
June 12, 2013 - Anderson Independent-Mail
- Blinds.com Launches Window Décor Pinterest Cash Giveaway with ‘Pin Week’
Pinterest users share window coverings to win – Blinds.com “Pin Week” giveaways include $100 daily cash prizes and $500 Levolor gift card. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10822114.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Barack Obama in Town Hall
The Times said that "(Obama) told a television reporter one day earlier that he stopped wearing an American flag pin shortly after the Sept. 11 attacks." He was quoted as proclaiming, "I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest."
- David Villa in Gaming Supermarket
I don't agree with those who say that Fernando Torres' performances have been below par,said Villa. "The only blame you can pin on him is that he hasn't scored."
- Steve Stricker in The Associated Press
It's like twofold, because ...... when you're sitting there hitting that tee shot, you look over there to the left I always remember seeing that shot on TV that Nicklaus hit the pin,Steve Stricker said. "And then when you get up on the...