- n an irritable petulant feeling
- n a disposition to exhibit uncontrolled anger
- In Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, the apparently innate peevishness, a whine that pays homage to the hunting mosquito, which had worked so well in Superbad, had begun to grate .
- In France, however, word of the destruction that accompanied the evening the French call Saint-Sylvestre was met with a mix of Gaulic shrugs and low-grade peevishness.
- During the practice for the second debate, Bush aides showed the President tapes of his performance to punctuate the power of his peevishness.