- v rule against
The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill
- That deal left conservatives without the votes to push through a constitutional amendment they sought to effectively overrule the court's edict.
- However, she voted to overrule a lower court or agency determination in civil rights cases in only 43.
- The focus of the case will be on whether two conservatives, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito, are willing to overrule earlier decisions that had upheld the .
News & Articles
- Opinion analysis: When is a burglary not a burglary?
On Monday, when the Court, in Alleyne v. United States, waded back into Apprendi land to overrule the long-beleaguered Harris v. United States and require that facts necessary for the imposition of mandatory minimum sentences (not just statutory maximums) be found by juries, it found no need to revisit another longstanding Apprendi wrinkle: the rule [...]
June 21, 2013 - SCOTUSblog
- Tony Woodley in Reuters
It is a disgraceful day for democracy when a court can overrule such an overwhelming decision by employees taken in a secret ballot,Unite joint general secretaries Derek Simpson and Tony Woodley said in a statement.
- John Roberts in Washington Post
Roberts, for instance, told the committee that it is a "jolt to the legal system when you overrule a precedent."
- Samuel Alito in New York Times
The provision survived his understanding of the undue burden test, Judge Alito said, adding that "the Pennsylvania legislature presumably decided that the law on balance would be beneficial" and "we have no authority to overrule that...