- n the line that appears to bound an object
- n a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
- n a schematic or preliminary plan
- v describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of
sketch the outline of the book
outline his ideas
- v draw up an outline or sketch for something
- v trace the shape of
- On the details of the plan, respondents remained supportive of many of the rough outlines of the health-reform effort as originally described by President Obama.
- Even the most wretched of logicians knows enough not to repeat the same term in both subject and definition ("art" "artistic outline").
- Here's a brief outline of how it's done: When the Pope dies, the head of the Sacred College of Cardinals, or Camerlengo, verifies the death.
News & Articles
- Bulger Trial Set to Get Under Way
Prosecutors, defense lawyers to outline case for Whitey Bulger jury in opening statements
June 12, 2013 - ABC News
- Pentagon five-year cybersecurity plan seeks $23 billion
A Pentagon cybersecurity budget outline calls for spending almost $23 billion through fiscal 2018, as efforts are expanded on initiatives from protecting computer networks to developing offensive capabilities.
June 11, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- NRC to outline findings at NC's Harris nuke plant
NRC to outline findings at NC's Harris nuke plant Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 8:20 am, Saturday, June 8, 2013 RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — As Duke Energy Corp. restarts a nuclear power plant that shut down for more than three weeks, Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspectors are ...
June 10, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- President Bush in Guardian Unlimited
Swiss cheese isn't going to work when it comes to the outline of a state,Bush said.
- Rahm Emanuel in International Herald Tribune
I think that the basic approach has been he's going to be ...... in Chicago, setting up his economic, not only his economic team, but the policies he wants to outline for the country as soon as he gets sworn in, so we hit the ground running,...