- n a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
- v make a summary (of)
- Kamen had been working on Ginger for more than a decade, and although the author (with whom the inventor is no longer collaborating) never revealed what Ginger was, his precis .
- The complaint may sound familiar, but such a brief precis does not do justice to either the freshness of Greider's argument or the ambition of his approach.
- Secretaries transcribe every important meeting in the place, rush out a daily precis to all the directorsmany of them trekking about the world on business.
News & Articles
- WBIR Deploys Bitcentral
Knoxville, Tenn. station WBIR went live on Bitcentral’s Precis 4 and Oasis news production, playout, collaboration and archive solution
June 18, 2013 - Television Broadcast
- Philippe Sands in San Diego Union Tribune
Sands wrote in his book that the March 17 parliamentary response given in Goldsmith's name appeared to be "neither a summary nor a precis of any of the earlier advice which the attorney general had provided" about an Iraq war.
- Michael Nouri in Business Wire (press release)
By offering the Precis programs seamlessly through our Web-based platform, Smart Online helps SMB owners tackle their most expensive and time-consuming human resources functions online,said Nouri.