ousting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of ejecting someone or forcing them out
- v remove from a position or office
- v remove and replace
- The two nations have battled for centuries, last going to war in 1979 when Beijing sent troops into Vietnam to punish Hanoi for ousting the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and installing a .
- He is widely respected by Somalis for his leadership in ousting former dictator Mohammed Siad Barre and for his military successes on behalf of his clan.
- The author reports, for example, that a citizen's group was assembled by the disgruntled former mayor of Wasilla to discuss ousting Palin after she beat him for the top municipal .
News & Articles
- RBS shares slump after shock ousting of CEO Hester
By Matt Scuffham and Steve Slater LONDON (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Scotland shares fell seven percent on Thursday after the surprise ousting of CEO Stephen Hester left investors questioning who would steer the part-nationalized bank through to an eventual privatization. RBS said late on Wednesday Hester would step down by the end of this year. Its board decided it wanted new leadership to ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Australia: Marriage Equality Group Backs Conservative for Prime Minister
Australia's biggest gay marriage lobby group are backing former prime minister Kevin Rudd to takeover the leadership of the Labor party and the country, ousting Julia Gillard.
June 12, 2013 - Gayapolis
- France won't recognize Madagascar vote unless candidates withdraw
PARIS (Reuters) - France will not recognize the results of proposed presidential elections in Madagascar until three candidates, including the interim president, withdraw from the process, foreign ministry spokesman Philippe Lalliot said on Monday. The former French colony has been in political crisis since 2009 when President Andry Rajoelina seized power with military support, ousting former ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Irish Times
She cast her vote after failing to read the national intelligence estimates on Iraq, which raised doubts in some lawmakers' minds about the justification of ousting Saddam Hussein,Mr Obama said during a discussion with armed service members.
- Nawaz Sharif in Guardian Unlimited
I want to tell the nation that past dictators were also used to ousting prime ministers, arresting them from their houses and hanging even one of them,said Sharif, who was ousted by Musharraf in a 1999 coup and returned from exile 10 days...
- Kristina Keneally in Sydney Morning Herald
NSW Premier Kristina Keneally - accused of being a "puppet premier after ousting Nathan Rees for the Liberal leadership - today sees her new cabinet sworn in by NSW Governor Marie Bashir."