- v transfer to a peripheral device, of computer data
- v take the load off (a container or vehicle)
offload the van
- While others used small boats to offload mother ships, their contacts enabled them to dock ships in New York harbor.
- Experts believe that the pirates may not have the capacity to offload the cargo and there may not be much local interest in tanks, anyway.
- Somali negotiators had sent it to escort the Semlow to a Somali port where it could offload the rice it was still carrying.
News & Articles
- Heavy duty buoys set for sea
Heavy duty buoys set for sea Beaumont Enterprise Copyright 2013 Beaumont Enterprise. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 8:13 am, Thursday, June 20, 2013 Tankers can hook into the buoy's rotating heads to offload product, which is then transported to land through an underwater pipeline hooked up to the bottom of the buoy ...
June 21, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Matt Giteau in Stuff.co.nz
There was a little bit of rust in the first half,Giteau said. "Maybe it was because we were a bit anxious to play. We got in good shape and good positions, but : we would do something silly like a stupid offload or we'd drop the ball. The...
- Gideon Gono in The Times
Although all the preparations are in place, the launch is not until next year,Gono said. "Some people have already burnt their fingers by trying to offload the Zimbabwe dollar for the greenback at ridiculous rates. They thought they were...
- Brian Smith in Stuff.co.nz
I actively encourage our players not to do it because it's got miss tackle and offload written all over it,Smith told Sydney radio 2KY. "Our game is so tough, and our players are subjected to enormous physical demands that I don't think...