- n the act of observing; taking a patient look
- n a formal event performed on a special occasion
- n the act of noticing or paying attention
- n conformity with law or custom or practice etc.
- Still, no person should ever be satisfied with their current observance and education.
- For Orthodox Jews Yom Kippur, the last 24 hours of the ten-day observance, was a Day of Atonement, the only one of the year on which Mosaic law prescribes abstention from food .
- The three-day observance of Bon, a holiday season nearly as joyous as New Year's, would begin the next morning.
News & Articles
- Flags line North Asheville streets in observance of Flag Day
Kimberly Avenue and other north Asheville streets were lined with American flags Thursday in observance of Flag Day. Today marks the 236th anniversary of the adoption of the American flag by the Second Continental Congress. ...
June 14, 2013 - Mountain Xpress
- LATEST NEWS
A firefighter comforts a distraught listener, as names of victims of gun violence are read, during the observance of the six month anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy.The Mayors Against Illegal Guns holds ceremonies in front of Edmond Town Hall in Newtown, Conn. Friday, June 14, 2013.
June 14, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Flag Day observance set at Post 14
Worn, tattered and faded U.S. flags that have done their duty will be honorably retired in a ceremony at Lowe-McFarlane American Legion Post 14 Friday in observance of Flag Day.
June 13, 2013 - The Shreveport Times
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
I invite the people of the world who share our grief to join us in this solemn observance,Bush said.
- David Miliband in Reuters UK
We saw similar actions during the Cold War but thought they had been put behind us,Miliband said. "Russia's actions therefore raise serious questions about her observance of international law, as well as about the standards of behaviour...
- Adam Gadahn in Indian Express
In a message to the US and its "crusader allies," Gadahn says: "The amount of respect we have for your international law is even less than the respect you hold for defined sharia, and our observance of it is comparable to your observance of sharia."