- n a formal event performed on a special occasion
a ceremony commemorating Pearl Harbor
- n any activity that is performed in an especially solemn elaborate or formal way
the ceremony of smelling the cork and tasting the wine
he makes a ceremony of addressing his golf ball
he disposed of it without ceremony
- n the proper or conventional behavior on some solemn occasion
an inaugural ceremony
- Blair's successor, Gordon Brown, has promised for the opening ceremony "the biggest and best rock show the world has ever witnessed," a vision of actuarial optimism featuring such .
- UP IN THE AIR: Performers during the opening ceremony of the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
- Likewise, if Big Love portrays the ceremony in such a way that it thoughtfully serves its characters' storieswhich, as a fan of the show, I'd expect it to dothen I'd say it's .
News & Articles
- Business Brief: A Wedding Ceremony Your Way earns honor
A Wedding Ceremony Your Way is the 2013 recipient of The Wedding Wire Bride's Choice Award. Owned by Peggy LaRoche, the business specializes in personalizing a ceremony to each unique style.
June 16, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Ceremony for highway widening projects
A ground breaking ceremony was held today in honor of the SR-99 widening projects.
June 14, 2013 - KERO 23 Bakersfield
- Ceremony being held to mark 6 months since Sandy Hook
Watch Live: Ceremony marks six months since Sandy Hook shooting For six months, Newtown has done what it can to move forward after the tragedy inside Sandy Hook Elementary School while remembering and honoring the victims. On Friday, the families will join Gov. Dannel Malloy to mark the six months since the shooting.
June 14, 2013 - FOX 19 Cincinnati
- Gordon Brown in Vancouver Sun
It was a privilege to serve, and yes, I love the job, not for its prestige, its titles and its ceremony, which I do not love at all,Brown said, with his wife, Sarah, at his side.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Melbourne Herald Sun
I remember landing under sniper fire,Senator Clinton said last week. "There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down."
- Max Clifford in Telegraph.co.uk
Mr Clifford added: "It was a very heart-rending, happy ceremony. There were lots of tears and lots of smiles. She looked absolutely beautiful."