- n conformity with law or custom or practice etc.
- v bestow honor or rewards upon
- v show respect towards
- v accept as pay
- Callie Shell Aurora for PTI I have to admit that I had no good answer for the 86-year-old civil rights icon as we stood backstage last year at a banquet honoring the 50th .
- Later: Obama travels to the National Building Museum for a dinner honoring Colin Powell.
- Scores are killed as two bombs rip through a parade honoring the former prime minister's return to her native Pakistan Editors Note: Images contain graphic content.
News & Articles
- Playgrounds honoring Newtown victims take shape
Playgrounds honoring Newtown victims take shape Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 2:53 am, Thursday, June 13, 2013 Playgrounds honoring Newtown victims take shape (AP) — A forecast of heavy rain has forced the postponement of ceremonies marking the construction of two new ...
June 13, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Photos: Honoring former school principal
Photos: Honoring former school principal A memorial and plaque dedication for former school principal Dorothy Whitney was held Tuesday at Elsmere Elementary School The ceremony included talks by members of Whitney's family and former teachers. She was the principal of Elsmere school for close to 20 years.
June 12, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Honoring Kamehameha on Capitol Hill
Members of the Hawaii Congressional Delegation joined hundreds of guests with Hawaii ties at the U.S. Capitol on Sunday to take part in the 44th annual lei draping ceremony honoring King Kamehameha the Great. Hawaii observes Kamehameha Day on Tuesday, June 11. "We gather to honor the first King of Hawaii, Kamehameha the Great," said Sen. Mazie Hirono. "From the island of Hawaii, Kamehameha was ...
June 11, 2013 - KITV Honolulu
- Barack Obama in Reuters Canada
I am convinced that honoring Senator Clinton's historic campaign in this way will help us celebrate this defining moment in our history and bring the party together in a strong, unified fashion,Obama said in a prepared statement.
- Herbie Hancock in CNN International
I'd like to thank the Academy for courageously breaking the mold this time, in doing so, honoring the giants upon whose shoulders I stand, some of whom like Miles Davis, John Coltrane ...... unquestionably deserved the award in the past,...
- Condoleezza Rice in AFP
So from my point of view, and I'm in contact with the French, the Russians are perhaps already not honoring their word,said Rice, who arrived in Texas hours earlier after traveling to France and Georgia to discuss the standoff.