north : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the region of the United States lying to the north of the Mason-Dixon line
- n the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War)
- n the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
- n a location in the northern part of a country, region, or city
- n the direction corresponding to the northward cardinal compass point
- n the direction in which a compass needle points
- n British statesman under George III whose policies led to rebellion in the American colonies (1732-1792)
- a situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the north
artists like north light
the north portico
- r in a northern direction
they earn more up north
Let's go north!
News & Articles
- North Kingstown wins smart-growth planning grant
North Kingstown wins smart-growth planning grant
June 14, 2013 - The Providence Journal
- North Texans to decide runoffs Saturday
North Texans will vote in several important local runoff elections Saturday. You can find links to sources of voting information here.
June 14, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- North Branch Tobacco Shop Raided, Synthetic Pot Seized
A North Branch tobacco shop was raided by authorities Friday, who seized hundreds of grams of illegal synthetic marijuana and thousands of dollars in cash. According to North Branch Police Chief Dan Meyer, police and deputies from the East Central Drug and Violent Crimes Task Forces executed a search warrant of King Tobacco after undercover agents made purchases of illegal synthetic marihuana ...
June 14, 2013 - CBS Minnesota
- Lee Myung-bak in Telegraph.co.uk
Now things are different. North Korea will pay a price corresponding to its provocative acts,said President Lee.
- Kim Yong-Hyun in The Canadian Press
North Korea is pressing the US to come forward to a bilateral meeting to try to deflect the pressure it faces over the ship issue and move the atmosphere toward dialogue and (a resumption of) six-nation talks on the North's nuclear programs,...
- Barack Obama in Times Online
Mr Obama said: "Should North Korea decide to take this action, we will work with all interested partners in the international community to take appropriate steps to let North Korea know that they cannot threaten the safety and stability of other...