- n the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line
- n the southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861
- n the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
- n a location in the southern part of a country, region, or city
- n the direction corresponding to the southward cardinal compass point
- a situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the south
the south entrance
- r in a southern direction
we moved south
News & Articles
- South Africa's Mandela "doing very well" - daughter
South Africa's Mandela "doing very well" - daughter JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Former South African president Nelson Mandela, who is being treated in hospital for a lung infection, is "doing very well", his daughter said on Monday. The 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader, who became South Africa's first black president in 1994, was rushed to hospital early on June 8 with a recurring respiratory ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- South Africa’s 2014 World Cup qualifying hopes dashed by spectacular own goal
South Africa needed a win against Ethopia on Sunday night to ensure they progressed to the third round of CAF 2014 World Cup qualification. With the score at 1-1 in Addis Ababa, Bafana Bafana forward Bernard Parker rose to the … Continue reading ?
June 17, 2013 - Dirty Tackle via Yahoo! Sports
- South Korea to Start Mandatory Power Savings as Shortages Loom
South Korea will make heavy users of electricity cut consumption during peak-demand hours this summer as it seeks to avert its worst-ever power shortages.
June 17, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Dan Gilbert in The Associated Press
The self-declared former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down south,he wrote.
- LeBron James in CNBC
This fall, and it's very tough,James said to a national TV audience. "I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat."
- Dave Richards in The Press Association
We are all still extremely disappointed at our performance in South Africa, and we believed it was important that we took some time to reflect on everything in a calm and considered manner back in England,said Richards. "After fully...