- n the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
- s moving toward the south
- r toward the south
- Telltale signs are everywhere from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like .
- In winter, the icy blast of wind coming off the Southern Ocean reminds you that southward, the next stop is Antarctica.
- Latecomers to Central Europe, fierce fighters and skillful horsemen, they were driven southward over the centuries from their early home on the slopes of Siberia's Ural .
News & Articles
- A severe thunderstorm warning for Paulding and Polk Counties until 8:30 p.m.
Severe thunderstorms continue to move southward through North Georgia. These storms are producing heavy rain, lightning and strong winds.
June 13, 2013 - CBS 46 News Atlanta
- Depth issues mount for Badgers secondary
Gary Andersen inherited a veteran-laden Wisconsin team that featured good depth at most positions with one obvious exception: the secondary. The Badgers returned just one starting defensive back, safety Dezmen Southward, from last year's Big Ten championship squad. Andersen and defensive coordinator Dave Aranda knew they needed bodies in the back four and found a potential solution this spring ...
June 12, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Rain likely to linger Monday; humid Tuesday could bring heat index to 98
Temperatures will be on the increase for the remainder of the week as a strong ridge of high pressure builds eastward. A weak cold front may slide southward through the region on Thursday night bringing a drier air mass by next weekend.
June 9, 2013 - The Huntsville Times
- Steve Squyres in NewsBlaze
I would love to see that view from the rim,Squyres said. "But even if we never get there, as we move southward we expect to be getting to younger and younger layers of rock on the surface. Also, there are large craters to the south that we...