N : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a common nonmetallic element that is normally a colorless odorless tasteless inert diatomic gas; constitutes 78 percent of the atmosphere by volume; a constituent of all living tissues
- n the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
- n a unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 m/sec/sec to a mass of 1 kilogram; equal to 100,000 dynes
- n (of a solution) concentration expressed in gram equivalents of solute per liter
- n the 14th letter of the Roman alphabet
News & Articles
- N-trig® DuoSensePen™ Recognized as a Requirement for Next Generation Ultrabook™
N-trig, provider of DuoSense® – the first integrated active pen and multi-touch technology, today announced that its pen and touch controller powers Sony’s VAIO® Duo 13 Ultrabook. DuoSense offers an active pen to improve the user experience and enhance productivity.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- N.J. town approves ban on saggy pants
WILDWOOD, N.J. - Wearing your pants too low in one New Jersey shore resort town is about to get expensive.Wildwood has passed a law banning overly saggy pants, providing for fines of between $25 and $200 for violators.The law was passed Wednesday. It prohi...
June 13, 2013 - Charleston Daily Mail
- U.N. rights chief says battle for Aleppo might derail Syria talks
By Tom Miles and Vincent Fribault GENEVA (Reuters) - U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said on Thursday she feared that bloodshed in recent battles for the Syrian town of Qusair would be repeated in the city of Aleppo and undermine peace efforts. Pillay's office said earlier that it had documented at least 93,000 deaths in Syria by the end of April. "I am concerned that what ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Mel Gibson in New York Daily News
Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink...... I don't know what will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity. We (The Beatles) are more popular than Jesus now. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them... John Lennon http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHz-BQlIiadU4ebVwiCZKr7pBR40A Nigerian Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/7144-those-who-mocked-god-and-died&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPT_Ktn9Mem4Ql9lNpDMCArNJKRg Jun 21, 2010
66307 88311 n You look like a f---ing pig in heat. If you get raped by a pack of n------, it will be your fault," Gibson was recorded saying.
- Jesse Jackson in Montreal Gazette (subscription)
Jackson added, "We have to evaluate the use of the n-word and categorize it as hate speech, no matter who uses it."