- n a wind that blows from the north
- s situated in or oriented toward the north
going in a northerly direction
- s coming from the north; used especially of wind
the winds are northerly
- r in a northern direction
- For centuries, a northerly known as the Kaskazi would fill the lateen sails of Arab dhows traveling in pursuit of Africa's riches.
- Charm Tong is like "a candle in the darkness," says May, 19, a girl from Burma's northerly Kachin state.
- When kicked up by a strong northerly wind, the dust became a severe irritant, smoking the insurgents out of their caves.
News & Articles
- Cameron Diaz Flips Off the Paparazzi—Again!
Cameron Diaz continues to let her finger do the talking. For the second time in less than a week, the 40-year-old actress subtly pointed in a northerly direction while shooting her...
June 25, 2013 - E! Online
- UPDATE: Ox Cart Fire
SAGUACHE COUNTY — There is currently increased activity on the Ox Cart Fire, according to a Rio Grande National Forest (RGNF) press release. The fire is spreading primarily in a northerly direction.
June 23, 2013 - Valley Courier
- Brian F. Westrin: 'There is no finer place than Michigan'
The most vivid and Michigan-centric memories of my childhood seem to involve my late father, some vigorous feat of strength or endurance, in some northerly clime that could only be found in Michigan.
June 20, 2013 - Eaton Rapids Community News
- Stephen Harper in National Post
As Canadians we always look to the North for the true definition of our country,Harper said. "This past year, I visited our Canadian Forces and public service personnel at Alert on Ellesmere Island, the most northerly human habitation on...
- Mark Zuckerberg in Science Daily (press release)
They are indeed moving northward in their range boundaries,said researcher Benjamin Zuckerberg, whose Ph.D. dissertation included the study. "But the real signal came out with some of the northerly species that are more common in Canada...
- Morrissey in Daily Telegraph
Marasco should have flogged Pompeii Ruler in the Australian Cup in the autumn, and I think this horse truly is untapped when it comes to potential - he could be better than trainer Fred Kersley's former horse Northerly,Morrissey said.