nominee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a politician who is running for public office
- The most recent contested nominee was Clarence Thomas who only received a 52-48 vote in 1991.
- What if they then approached Gore and asked him to be the nominee, for the good of the partyand suggested that he take Obama as his running mate?.
- Have five prominent Republicans ready to say nice things about the nominee from Day 1, two of whom are prepared to present the nominee to the Judiciary Committee at the start of .
News & Articles
- CIA Nominee, Like Everyone in D.C., Loves Erotica
The surest sign yet, if you needed one, that President Obama's nominee for the CIA's number-two position is a middle-of-the-road D.C. establishment choice: She used to run an erotica reading night at a bookstore. Read more...
June 13, 2013 - Gawker
- Obama's ATF nominee gets Senate hearing
Senate considers nominee to lead Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; agency's top job has been vacant for years
June 11, 2013 - CBS News
- Transportation secretary nominee Anthony Foxx clears Senate committee
Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx, the nominee to replace outgoing Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood, has been approved by the U.S. Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, clearing the way for him to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate as a whole.
June 11, 2013 - eTrucker
- President Bush in Irish Times
I'd be glad to help him if he's the nominee - he is very strong on national defence, he is tough fiscally, he is pro-life. His principles are sound and solid,Mr Bush said.
- Jeff Sessions in Los Angeles Times
Ms. Kagan has less real legal experience of any nominee in at least 50 years,said Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama, the committee's top Republican. "It's not just that she has never been a judge. She has barely practiced law, and not with the...
- John McCain in Kansas City Star
McCain told cheering supporters in his home state late Tuesday: "Tonight I think we must get used to the idea that we are the front-runner for Republican nominee for president of the United States."