campaigner : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a politician who is running for public office
- Diana: Life of a Princess From a shy bride to a passionate campaigner, the Princess of Wales didn't just transform herself -- she changed a country.
- He was an orator given to ungrammatical homespun anecdotes and a campaigner whose baby-kissing forays through county fairs belied his statehouse reputation as a master of .
- And as a campaigner, she was absolutely awful.
News & Articles
- Arnie defends his Hummer fleet as eco-friendly
US actor and campaigner Arnold Schwarzenegger said people should be free to drive big cars and enjoy all-day jacuzzis without feeling guilty about environmental consequences on his first visit on Monday to the European Commission in Brussels.
June 24, 2013 - Fox News
- Creepy pickup artist rakes in Kickstarter cash
Kickstarter campaigner Ken Hoinsky offers tips for overcoming women's "resistance"
June 19, 2013 - Salon.com
- Gordon Brown in Times Online
Gordon Brown said last night: "She will be remembered not only as a great campaigner but also as a great entrepreneur." "As one of this country's most successful businesswomen she was an inspiration to women throughout the country striving to...
- Barack Obama in Newsweek
I want her campaigning as much as she can,Obama told reporters Wednesday. "She was a terrific campaigner. She, I think, inspired millions of people, and so she can be an extraordinarily effective surrogate for me and the values and ideals...
- Melissa Etheridge in International Herald Tribune
...speaking to Edwards, said she had heard he once said he felt uncomfortable around gay people - an assertion contained in longtime political strategist Bob Shrum's book "No Excuses: Concessions of a Serial Campaigner."