- s easily agitated
a nervous addict
a nervous thoroughbred
- s causing or fraught with or showing anxiety
those nervous moments before takeoff
- a of or relating to the nervous system
- s excited in anticipation
- s unpredictably excitable (especially of horses)
- Medically there is no such thing as a nervous breakdown.
- The person who rubs his nose every 30 seconds may be dissembling, or he may simply be displaying a lifelong nervous habit.
- In essence, say scientists, the developing nervous system has strung the equivalent of telephone trunk lines between the right neighborhoods in the right cities.
News & Articles
- Springfield Township High School students take music to Woodmere Art Museum
Sophomore Sean Ellis’ hands shook subtly. “I’m very nervous,” the baritone, from Springfield Township High School, admitted with a grin as his friends and fellow musicians laughed good-naturedly. However, Ellis’ confident, expressive performance of “Make Them Hear You” from the musical “Ragtime” at Springfield’s chamber recital masked any unease he felt and received hearty applause.
June 17, 2013 - Springfield Sun
- Books: Nathaniel Rich’s “Odds Against Tomorrow” review.
At the beginning of Rich’s apocalyptic second novel, Seattle has recently been annihilated, environmental horrors loom, and insurance executives capitalize on calamity. For Mitchell Zukor, a nervous college graduate and natural Nostradamus who understands numbers better than people, the job market couldn’t be better. Zukor counsels . . . (Subscription required.)
June 17, 2013 - The New Yorker
- Niger police 'attack' may be guards' over-reaction: minister
NIAMEY (Reuters) - An inquiry into shooting at a military police academy in Niger's capital Niamey found no evidence of an attack on the camp, suggesting it could have been an over-reaction by nervous guards, the foreign minister said on Sunday. Niger's government had said its security forces had repelled an overnight assault by gunmen on the academy on Tuesday, stoking concerns over an Islamist ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Paul Goydos in Seattle Times
Standing over that last putt, I was probably as nervous as I've ever been over a putt in my life,he said. "The putt would have gone in a thimble."
- President Bush in USA Today
Bush said decisions about troop levels will be based on a "calm assessment" by military commanders in Iraq, and "not a nervous reaction by Washington politicians to poll results in the media."
- Rafael Nadal in BBC Sport
Having played Federer in his first three Wimbledon finals, Nadal went into Sunday's match against Berdych as a strong favourite, but he said: "If you are not nervous in the final of Wimbledon, you are not human."