- a offensive or even (of persons) malicious
in a nasty mood
a nasty accident
a nasty shock
a nasty smell
a nasty trick to pull
Will he say nasty things at my funeral?"- Ezra Pound
- s exasperatingly difficult to handle or circumvent
a nasty problem
- s characterized by obscenity
- s disgustingly dirty; filled or smeared with offensive matter
a nasty pigsty of a room
- Like the gonzo comix critic he is, Dan Raeburn went to the source, Mexico City, to learn more about these nasty little tomes.
- Have we become so cynical and nasty that we no longer can recognize simple courage and decency?" Politics has never been a gentle game.
- In the second piece, on Thursday, Vega termed the column a particularly nasty commentary.
News & Articles
- A Nasty Reunion: Nasty Boys come back to area
For the first time since 2010, The Nasty Boys — Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble and Randy Myers — were together again when they took part in a special signing event at the Sports Gallery in West Chester Township Wednesday night.
June 13, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Nasty weather suspends play at U.S. Open
U.S. Open play has been suspended due to severe weather moving into the area, according to the golf tournament's official Twitter account. The action at Merion Golf Club just outside Philadelphia isn't the only fun the severe storm is spoiling as rain and other nasty weather punches east. Severe thunderstorms were predicted from New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania down to northern Virginia ...
June 13, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- ‘Nasty’ actress Alison Arngrim promotes book, lobbies on child abuse
Alison Arngrim, best known for playing “Nasty” Nellie Oleson on the hit television show “Little House on the Prairie,” is in the nation’s capital to Read more...
June 10, 2013 - The Hill
- Ryan Crocker in Forbes
Crocker said he fears that announcing troop withdrawals, as Democrats want, would focus Iraqi attention on "building the walls, stocking ammunition and getting ready for a big nasty street fight" rather than working toward reconciliation.
- Venus Williams in NDTV.com
I think we complement each other on the court because we're both extremely positive,Venus said. "We never, ever in our lives have said nasty things to each other. We just don't operate that way."
- Antonin Scalia in Keen News Service
The fact is,said Scalia, "that running a democracy takes a certain amount of civic courage. And the First Amendment does not protect you from criticism or even nasty phone calls when you exercise your political rights to legislate, or to...