mountaineer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who climbs mountains
- v climb mountains for pleasure as a sport
- They were New Zealand five-dollar notes, and they bore the mountaineer's picture.
- Messner, 62, is not only the greatest high-altitude mountaineer the world has ever known; he is probably the best it will ever know.
- A humble Japanese mountaineer one chill evening long ago was sitting close to his stove when there came a knock on the worn brown door of his hut.
News & Articles
- Local Sports
MARTINSBURG - The Tri-County Soccer Club is putting on the fourth West Virginia Weight and Wellness Mountaineer Open Cup Saturday and Sunday. From 8 a.m.-7 p.m. both days, teams from four states will be competing for the championship.
June 14, 2013 - The Martinsburg Journal
- GNCC Parts Unlimited Mountaineer Run Returns to Preston County
GNCC racing returns to West Virginia, as the nationwide tour visits Masontown during the annual Mountaineer Run.
June 13, 2013 - WBOY Clarksburg
- 20 Year Old Gay Man Makes it to the Top of Mount Everest
Young mountaineer Cason Crane made it to the top of Mount Everest, the highest summit in the world, last week. The Himalayan mountain is the sixth in Crane's seven summit challenge he has given himself to raise awareness and money for suicide prevention for LGBT youth.
June 12, 2013 - Gayapolis
- Rich Rodriguez in SI.com
We're very excited about returning to the Gator Bowl,West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez said Sunday. "Everything they do there is first class, and it is always a great experience for our team and for our great Mountaineer fans."
- Pope Benedict XVI in International Herald Tribune
By revealing unknown episodes, the movie shows the humanity, the steadfast courage and finally John Paul's suffering, faced until the end with the strength of a mountaineer and the patience of a humble servant of the Gospels,Benedict said...