mottling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of coloring with areas of different shades
- v mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained
- v colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
- After long investigation, curious dentists found that the mottling was caused by fluorine (a relative of iodine, chlorine, bromine) in the town's new water supply.
- Therefore it seemed certain that fluorine caused the mottling and all that the other 96 afflicted communities need to do is to get new, fluorine-free water.
- All his working life, from the early months of mottling, marbling and staining as a house decorator's apprentice in 1899 to the last grand studio in Varengeville with its sifting .
News & Articles
- Ann Sacks
Offering subtle sheen, the Versailles Mesh tile from Ann Sacks resembles an aged mirror with its mottling and colorations. The tile is made in the U.S. and is crafted from security glass, which imbeds thin steel wiring into the glass field for strength.
Nov. 14, 2013 - Kitchen and Bath Business