- n someone who wastes time
- v move around slowly and aimlessly
- v be apathetic, gloomy, or dazed
- Six girls wearing baseball caps and baggy shirts mope around in a makeshift prison just outside the walls of Tehran's Azadi Stadium.
- The men in attendance clumsily hit on pretty girls they don't know; they mope about an old love (Beth) showing up with a new guy; they frantically pass along gossip about who's .
- Guinness did nothing except mope for seven days, but his absence was enough.
News & Articles
- Live Wire: Spelling frequently guided by AP style
Q: You had a recent item about mopeds. You should know that "moped" is one word. There's no hyphen. - M.D., Fayetteville
June 11, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Brad Paisley at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre tonight (6/7/2013)
Brad Paisley So, you've probably heard of the six-minute facepalm that is "Accidental Racist." Yes, there was a whole album - Wheelhouse - but let's be real, the other 16 tracks are going to spend a lot of time in the shadow of this awkward, sentimental mope through surface-level race relations.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 7, 2013 - Creative Loafing Charlotte
- Nick Davis in The Canberra Times
I would have taken the injury harder if I didn't have [Anna] and Tayla to come home to and give some perspective to your life outside football,Davis said. "I can't mope around the house because it's not fair on her and it's hard to mope...
- Doug Bollinger in CricInfo.com
It would be good to mope around and be a sore loser but you can't do that,Bollinger said in the Sydney Morning Herald. "You've just got to get on with it and, hopefully, my time will come. I am not thinking about too many things in front...
- Mark Gottfried in Forbes
I'm really proud of our guys, because I think after we had our slice of humble pie it would have been easy to pout and mope and get down a little bit,Tide coach Mark Gottfried said of Saturday's 88-61 loss. "And they didn't."