- n the natural satellite of the Earth
men first stepped on the moon in 1969
- n any object resembling a moon
he made a moon lamp that he used as a night light
the clock had a moon that showed various phases
- n the period between successive new moons (29.531 days)
- n the light of the Moon
moonlight is the smuggler's enemy
- n United States religious leader (born in Korea) who founded the Unification Church in 1954; was found guilty of conspiracy to evade taxes (born in 1920)
- n any natural satellite of a planet
Jupiter has sixteen moons
- v have dreamlike musings or fantasies while awake
- v be idle in a listless or dreamy way
- v expose one's buttocks to
moon the audience
- As seen through a big telescope rather than by young lovers, the moon resembles a shell-battered World War I battleground.
- The dusty old moon is still a hotspot for space missions around the world.
- The most depressing obstacle to voyaging to the moon is how to raise money (about $10 billion) to pay for fleets of gigantic rockets and floods of expensive fuel.
News & Articles
- For the astronaut with everything, the $115,000 Moon Orbiter watch
The Moon Orbiter has a flying tourbillon at 9 o'clock and a power reserve at 6. (Credit: RJ-Romain Jerome) Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield recently joked about getting a gold watch for his retirement. But this hunk of spacetime would be far more appropriate. RJ-Romain Jerome's deluxe Moon Orbiter is a tribute to "the conquest of space," just in case you were confused about who's in charge of ...
June 17, 2013 - CNET
- Manga Review: Sailor Moon - Volume 11 by Naoko Takeuchi
Manga Review: Sailor Moon - Volume 11 by Naoko Takeuchi Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:00 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 A new story arc begins in volume 11, greatly expanding the Sailor Moon universe.
June 16, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Moon Rock has Landed at Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs
Moon Rock has Landed at Space Foundation Discovery Center in Colorado Springs
June 14, 2013 - SpaceRef
- Paul Goydos in AFP
It's almost a mythical number in our game,Goydos said. "I've gone from clubbing a ball in the backyard all the way to the moon, and missed all the steps in between."
- Barack Obama in Space.com
By 2025, we expect new spacecraft designed for long journeys to allow us to begin the first-ever crewed missions beyond the Moon into deep space,President Obama said. "We'll start by sending astronauts to an asteroid for the first time in...
- Satish Dhawan in San Jose Mercury News
Space is the frontier for mankind in the future. If we want to go beyond the moon, we have to go there first,said Satish.