monomania : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a mania restricted to one thing or idea
- Well, then, this must be monomania of a certain sort.
- But both have the monomania of an Islamic jihadist and the momentum of a Hitchcock movie about a bomb on a bus.
- Because of a certain monomania in Boyle, large portions of his book read like a crime supplement to the Rivers of America series, which set out to celebrate the belief that America .
News & Articles
- Deerhunter Shooting Up Hard Rock Live
At times, the members of Atlanta's Deerhunter seem almost embarrassed by their pop smarts. Take "Leather Jacket II" from their latest record, "Monomania," the group's sixth overall, where they subvert the tunefulness at the heart of the song with a 10-car
Aug. 15, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Nicholas Carr in Wired News
In his prime, Gates combined the monomania of the compulsive software programmer with the competitiveness of Attila the Hun,said Nicholas Carr, author of Does IT Matter and The Big Switch .