- n the act of having and controlling property
- n anything owned or possessed
- n being controlled by passion or the supernatural
- n a mania restricted to one thing or idea
- n a territory that is controlled by a ruling state
- n the trait of resolutely controlling your own behavior
- n (sport) the act of controlling the ball (or puck)
they took possession of the ball on their own goal line
- We lock people up for possession almost as quickly as we do for dealing.
- Tennessee's Unauthorized Substances Tax requires anyone in possession of a certain quantity of contraband to buy a tax stamp and affix it to the drug.
- In 2001, Portugal officially abolished all criminal penalties for personal possession of drugs, replacing punishment for therapy.
News & Articles
- Police arrest four on drug possession charges, including armed security guard for UPMC
By Tribune-Review Authorities on Wednesday arrested four people on drug possession charges, including an armed security officer for UPMC. Shawn Fitzpatrick, 50, of Overbrook, was arrested in ...
June 12, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Escobedo arrested for possession and an open container
Ernesto Escobedo was arrested Tuesday for possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana.
June 12, 2013 - Alice Echo-News Journal
- Gregg County man is sentenced to 10 years for possession of a stolen firearm
A Gregg County man is sentenced to jail for possession of a stolen firearm. Kym David Pearce, 52, pleaded guilty on February 8, 2013 to possession of a stolen firearm and was sentenced to 120 months in prison today. Promote to Mobile read more
June 12, 2013 - KETK 56 Tyler
- Miroslav Klose in The Canadian Press
Our plan was to win possession quickly and then try to keep it, to pass the ball around,striker Miroslav Klose said.
- John McCain in Newsweek
This is a shocking invasion of the governor's privacy and a violation of law. The matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities and we hope that anyone in possession of these e-mails will destroy them,the McCain campaign said in...
- Antonin Scalia in Kansas City Star
Among the laws that might pass constitutional muster, Alito wrote: "Prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or...