monk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a male religious living in a cloister and devoting himself to contemplation and prayer and work
- n United States jazz pianist who was one of the founders of the bebop style (1917-1982)
- THE FAMILY In the sleepy fishing port of Phanthiet, 100 miles east of Saigon, a Buddhist monk poured gasoline over his robes, lighted a match .
- Sculptor Eugene Romeo will reduce the Franciscan hat to a skullcap, take the fullness out of the robe, remove the monk's cowl, incise a flat cincture about the waist.
- A young monk sits in a small wooden pavilion, dressed in his best saffron robes.
- Regis Philbin in CTV.ca
Just the name is scaring me,Philbin says on the phone from New York. "Is there a monk in Moncton?"